We are less than one week away from the start of our football season when the Orangeburg-Wilkinson Bruins come to town on Thursday night, October 1st at 7 pm! Please review the guidelines that are in place for all spectators attending a football home game this season. Due to COVID-19, there are some changes that have been made to create a safe environment for players, officials, workers, and spectators. Those changes are outlined below. Thank you for your support and understanding this year!
Please be aware that we are allowing only clear bags into all sporting events this year. Also, students in 7th grade and below must be accompanied by an adult into the event.
SWANSEA/SANDHILLS HOME FOOTBALL GAME GUIDELINES
Ticket information for Varsity Football Games
Due to COVID-19 capacity restrictions, tickets this year will need to be purchased online (click here). Tickets must be purchased for anyone in Kindergarten or older. Capacity this year at Doug Bennett Stadium has been reduced to 25% based off restrictions that must be in place to ensure that we are able to host football games safely for all involved.
- Students – the 2020 SHS student section will be limited to 48 students. High School students will be given the chance to purchase tickets from Coach Register during game week. If more than 48 students are interested purchasing the student section tickets, a lottery will be used for purchasing rights. Students may also purchase general admission tickets for entry, if available, however they will need to sit in an area other than the student section.
- Parents of Players, Cheerleaders, and Band – parents will receive information regarding purchasing tickets from their head coach/sponsor early in the week
- Community Members – will be able to purchase tickets on the athletic website (click here) by selecting the event and purchasing general admission ticket(s). There will be a very limited amount of tickets (100) each game that will be sold at the high school front office until Friday at noon. Once capacity is reached all ticket sales will be stopped. The best way to guarantee a ticket is to purchase online early in the week.
- Opposing Team’s Fans – please check with your school’s AD/athletics website/social media to get the passcode needed to purchase visiting tickets
- NO TICKETS WILL BE SOLD AT THE GATE ON FRIDAY NIGHT. Please plan accordingly. Tickets may be purchased online up to an hour after kickoff.
Ticket Information for Middle School Football Games
Admission is $5.00 for kindergarten and older. Tickets may be purchased at the gates on game day. Please remain 6 ft apart if there is a line.
Other Guidelines for All Home Football Games
- Gates for Varsity Football games will open an hour and fifteen minutes prior to kickoff. Gates for Middle School football games will open an hour before kickoff.
- Clear bag policy is in effect this year at all Lexington 4 Sporting Events.
- Visitors should park on the visitors side of Doug Bennett Stadium. They will enter the stadium on that side.
- Swansea fans should park in the grassy areas of the home side parking lot. You will need to enter through the home side gate.
- Multiple concession stands will be open to help serve our spectators. The main concession stand will be selling hot food items, as well as drinks, chips, and candy. Satellite concession stands will be serving drinks and candy.
- SCHSL requires all fans and event staff to wear masks at all times and remain 6 feet apart at all times. Family members may sit together. Rows will be marked off as to which spots are available to sit in and which rows must remain empty. Spectators must abide by these guidelines at all times.
- Lines and one-way traffic flow patterns will be marked in the stadium. Anyone standing in line is expected to remain at least 6 ft from the person ahead of them.
- The fence line is available for standing during the event. However, individuals must remain 6 feet apart, unless with immediate family members.
- Attendees in seventh grade or lower are required to attend the games with a parent or guardian and must remain seated with that parent or guardian for the duration of the event.
- Congregating prior, during, or after the event is not permitted. Parents and fans will not be allowed on the field after the event. Only authorized personnel will be allowed on the field for the duration of the event.
- All spectators are asked to move directly to their vehicles and depart the campus upon conclusion of the event. Congregating in the stadium stands, walkways, or parking lot area is not permitted.